Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is the Spanish translation of "I was a student"?

Is it "Yo fui un/una estudiante" or "Yo estuve un/una estudiante"?



I believe it's fui (the usage of ser) but I am not sure. I am hoping to double check with anyone who knows the Spanish language well.



My main objective is to think of different sentences that I could use with the preterit tense of "ser" (and not using it with "It" - i.e. It was 10 o'clock).



Thank you!What is the Spanish translation of "I was a student"?
"Yo fui estudiante" (the "yo" is optional).



Here is a list of professions in Spanish. They all take "ser". http://quizlet.com/24210/profesiones-en-鈥?/a>



You could try family relationships too. "Soy tu tia", etc.



Eran las diez de la ma帽ana/noche.
it will be " yo fui un estudiante" because "yo era un estudiante" will be i used to be a student

yo estuve un/ una estudiante is completely wrong cos "estuve" ( its used mostly for places) it will be part of the verb "estar" not part of the verb "ser" is like the verb being in english so ur saying i being a student. doesnt make much sense.

native spanish speaker.

M%26amp;MWhat is the Spanish translation of "I was a student"?
yo fui un/una estudianteWhat is the Spanish translation of "I was a student"?
You Should ....Have A Spanish Book Don't You?
  • facebook.com
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment