Tuesday, January 31, 2012

English to Spanish translation please... I want to say "I munched on crisps during the journey"?

I know how to say 'during the journey.' Just wanted to put it in context. I don't know how to say "I munched on" and it's not in my dictionary!



Help please (:English to Spanish translation please... I want to say "I munched on crisps during the journey"?
There is not an exact translation for "munched on" (To chew food audibly or with a steady working of the jaws) in Spanish. There are three verbs you can use: "masticar" (rare with crisps) , "mascar" and "comer". "Mascar" is used specially related to chewing gum (chicle):e.g. "Estuve mascando/masticando chicle durante el viaje", but never with crisps ("papas crujientes" or "papas fritas") and rarely with other kind of food. I munched on crisps during the journey: "Me pas茅 el viaje comiendo papas crujientes" (or "papas fritas") " . Also "Estuve comiendo papas crujientes/fritas durante el viaje" -which implies that you were chewing something that was audible. Broadly speaking "comer comida crujiente" means to chew food audibly (munched on)English to Spanish translation please... I want to say "I munched on crisps during the journey"?
hi my last name is andres felipe montoya velez, i from colombia of south america.,i was born medellin, antioquia, nice to meet you; is said : yo comia papas fritas durante el viaje by( adios,chao,suerte )English to Spanish translation please... I want to say "I munched on crisps during the journey"?
"Yo esta comiendo crisps" - I munched on crisps

"Yo esta comiendo crisps durrante el vije." - I munched on crisps during the journey.
  • sun mask
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment