Friday, January 27, 2012

I am looking for a Spanish translation from a English expression.?

I am looking for a Spanish translation for the expression, " sorry, i was in my own liitle world"



example, a friend is talking to me, but i am thinking about other things and hadn't noticed they were talking to me.I am looking for a Spanish translation from a English expression.?
Lo siento, pero estaba en las nubes



Like saying my head was in the clouds, or I was daydreaming.



You could also say "Lo siento, pero estaba en la luna." I was on the moon, so to speak.



These are expressions that would make sense to someone in Latin America or Mexico.
Hm...I'm bilingual but I don't know any expression that is the literal translation for that.



The literal translation will be "lo siento, estaba en mi propio peque帽o mundo" but it doesn't seem right



I will put it like this "lo siento, estaba en mi propio mundo" i've herad this expression in Spanish and that would be like "sorry, I was in my own world" which i think is the idea of the sentence...



But as I tell you, as in most of the expressions, the literal translation doesn't make much sense in Spanish.I am looking for a Spanish translation from a English expression.?
"Perd贸n/perd贸name/lo siento/disculpa/disc煤lpame, estaba en mi propio peque帽o mundo" it's the literal translation but it doesn't sounds good..



We say:



Perd贸n/perd贸name/lo siento/disculpa/disc煤lpame---

---estaba en las nubes"

---estaba en la luna"

---me colgu茅" (used in Uruguay and Argentina)

---estaba en cualquiera" (also used in Uruguay and Argentina)I am looking for a Spanish translation from a English expression.?
I don't know what you mean with this expression, but this is the translation for it... "Lo siento, yo estaba en mi propio peque帽o mundo" if you explain what you tried to say i may give you an expression in spanish, but this is the translation for ti...
lo siento, estaba colgado



perdon, estaba en las nubes

lo siento, estaba en mi peque帽o mundo is not ok

I'm from Colombia
An equivalent saying in Spanish is "Perdona, se me fue el santo al cielo."
Lo siento estaba en la nubes

No comments:

Post a Comment