Sunday, December 18, 2011

What is the spanish translation for a flashdrive?

I'm in Anthropology and we're learning how we how culture and language are related. My professor held up a flash drive and asked what the Spanish translation is. Since flash drive is two words, the Spanish equivalent would not be the two translated words of "flash" and "drive". Anybody good enough at translating Spanish to know this? lol|||Flash drive in spanish had different translations, at the very beginning we called it "flash drive" or "memoria flash", but in these days we call it "Memoria USB" .|||While I have not seen any Spanish texts that discuss flashdrives, my guess is that Spanish would directly import this word from English. This seems to be the tendency of most of the European languages.





One exception is Icelandic, whose speakers have conscientiously developed computer terminology from the native Germanic elements of the language.





Harleigh Kyson Jr.|||I'm not completely sure but when I lived in Mexico, my Mexican boyfriend who was a computer engineer always used to say just "flash" Who knows if this is the correct term though....|||Like the last guy said and based on my knowledge of the language they would just take the word from English and say it with a slight Spanish accent.|||impulsi贸n de destello

No comments:

Post a Comment