Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is the spanish translation for the name James?

I'm taking a basic spanish course since my brother and sister said that spanish is the easiest language to learn (it's required in my district to learn a second language), and taking a basic spanish course in 8th grade will help a lot. So...one of my assignments is to find my spanish name to use in class.



Any suggestions as to what "James" would be in spanish? My teacher already told me that it was Diego, but I just want to know if there are any other possibilities.



Also, feel free to suggest your opinions about which language you think (preferably to be based on personal experience) would be most helpful, enjoyalbe, and somewhat easier than other languages. My main language is english and I'm south korean...but I can barely speak it like all amercanized koreans. heh



thanks, and yeaWhat is the spanish translation for the name James?
As far as I know my dear namesake (my name is Diego), James has some translations into Spanish: Diego, Santiago, Jacobo y Jaime.



But believe me, Diego and Santiago sounds better (At least I rather how they sound), the others are likely old fashioned names.



Hope it helps

Good Luck.
I don’t like to post my answer too below of the bulk, so I take my ticket posting first “Editing”, therefore when I get my answer finished I just post it and it appears in the place that I want. This is because English isn’t my natural language so I write it as a ridiculous turtle : )



Good luck.

Report Abuse

What is the spanish translation for the name James?
It is in fact Diego.What is the spanish translation for the name James?
James is Jaime
James = Jaime
Jaime .",
Diego

Santiago
Hamez
The direct translation is James = Jaime.



Jaime is the equivalent of Santiago, as a matter of fact, spanish Bibles uses Santiago (not Jaime) where the english Bibles use James.



Jacobo is also correct, however not used much these days. but then, in english you have Jacob for Jacob or Jacobo.



Iago (not a common name in spanish) seems like another form of Santiago in another european language. German? Russian?



Never heard of Diego = James or Diego = Santiago
  • liver cleansing
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment